Tips to cut down on false alarms in Gulfport
False alarms can be a legitimate issue for home security systems. Not only can they erode the faith you have in your installation, but they can also be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Fortunately, you are able to do some things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Gulfport sensors and alarms.
As the first step, ensure that everything is set up properly. This process may appear to be a no-brainer, but it frequently happens that overlooked mistakes lead to false alarms. Secondly, watch out for potential culprits of false alarms, such as entry points that might be left unsecured inadvertently. And of course, you should try to incorporate the extra features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Gulfport.
Could it be really that straightforward? Continue on and find out.
Can you side step false alarms in Gulfport?
Just like you would address any issue, the initial step is to reference the owner’s instruction booklet. Be certain that all your components are set up correctly on your end by:
- Executing a checkup via your smart hub.
- Physically evaluate each device to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a new battery.
- Inspect your preset schedules to be certain that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all integrated smart devices are configured properly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Reach out to your service specialist if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Gulfport system. They'll gladly schedule a trained expert to inspect your equipment.
Investigate your entry points
In the event your system checks out installed properly, the ensuing course of action is to thoroughly inspect the house. Are all your entries closed tightly, or do you find some inadvertently open? If an entry point stays unlatched, it may trigger a sensor. If it just so happens that your family constantly neglects to secure an entry point, you might want to implement a smart lock that automatically locks when your system goes live. Sadly, windows take additional physical effort, mainly if you have someone who enjoys to sleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it simple to turn off that device while still guarding the remaining areas of the house.
Home automation can be a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Gulfport
One of the best methods to reduce the probability of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your alarm system. By using your security app, you’re able to:
- Program a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms caused by mistakenly unlocking an entry point. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disengage when your smart locking mechanism is activated with the correct PIN.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm as you exit the driveway, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Get smartphone updates when your components sense unusual activity or need a battery change.
- Connect your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you may operate your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Gulfport with a Vivint smart home system
Greater command over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, call (228) 338-1467 or submit the form below.