What should you do when your Gulfport home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your property – and your family – against the various risks you may experience, like theft, flooding, and fire. Although your home might be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Gulfport home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm can be shocking, confusing, and could cause panic. Your best option is to stay calm and follow these easy tips.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Gulfport Sounds
It’s a circumstance no one desires to be in, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system originally. You’re awakened in the middle of the night with the distinct sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been triggered. So what is your next move?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the best way to assess what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency alone instead let your monitoring experts and first responders do their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your family members and leading them out of danger. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might include moving to a designated secure area as far from entry points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately deterred the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to vacate your home immediately.
- Don’t forget your phone. In this day and age, almost all individuals have their cell phones constantly with them, but you could fail to pick it up during a crisis. Try to remember it. You’ll be able to stay in touch with your monitoring specialists and receive notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Gulfport goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will instantly act. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The protocol they adhere to is dependent on the kind of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency is triggered, a single attempt will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are deployed. In the event of a break-in - the most common kind of event - a monitoring professional will abide by these procedures to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you through the central command panel. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that is not successful, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If there is still no answer, area law enforcement officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again once emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Support will still be dispatched even when you're not available to substantiate the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Gulfport
Be prepared for any situation with a contemporary home alarm system in Gulfport from Vivint. Dial (228) 338-1467 to begin customizing your property’s protection today.